Haven't tied flies for a while and not even had any plans to do so but after my herring pattern worked so well and get really hammered I just had to take a seat behind the vise and tie up a new one.
Thought I could also show up rest of my flies I haven't post here.
First in line here's some synthetic tube flies tied with Jerkbaitmanias Pike Skinz.
Got more of them in different colors but wanted to show you those in which I believe most.
Durable,good bright colors,they should work.
Also tied couple more of flies with a extension,pretty much inspired of Bob Popovics "Beast"
Big size good profile and surprisingly easy to cast,I really like them.
Shape shifters worked very well for me last season and can't see any reason why they wouldn't do so even this season.
Haven't tied many new because I got LOTS of them still but...always good to at least practice.
Here's a fly,same head but with two different "tails"
Of all Shape shifters one all time favorite combination is this simple color combo,hope and believe it will deliver something.
A pattern I learned from Niklaus Bauers tying course was the "Black bream" which I have modified slightly to suit my fishing better has turned out in different color combos.
Here's couple of them,really big flies,with a wiggle tail combined to them the measure a massive 35 cm,have already landed fishes on them,not the easiest to cast but feel I wanna have couple of them in my boxes.
Not that I would have to but wanted to tie some "therapy flies" too,in this case it mean some pretty ordinary Decievers,made a wiggle tail attachment to some of them too.
This type of flies are definitely my favorites,I love to tie them,their easy to cast and catch well.
Gosh,there was more than I remember,no wonder why my crate looks like this when I'm heading out,need to do some clearing....
That's ridiculous to be honest,I could get along with just one box,last weekend I used less than 25 flies on two days fishing.
Anyway,I was about to write about the Herring pattern...
As usually I changed some things after I gave it a long thought.Tied the extension in "Popovics" way on a 100 lb mono line instead of a S sized tub,also made the head of two bunches of bucktail instead of one.
Biggest change is probably the hook,the old one is tied on a Varivas big mouth 5/0 and the new one is tied on a Varivas big mouth EXTRA 5/0 which is a bit heavier and made of thicker goods which in turn hopefully gives more durability.
The fly feel much lighter and is kinda airy too,hopefully it works as well as the first one.
They became pretty much similar in look,Can't wait to get out on weekend to test this one.