Spey clave

tiistai 25. elokuuta 2015

Motorized Jackson Big Rig testride

Well,as you read in my last post I had a Minn kota Powerdrive V2 mounted on my Big Rig and now everything was ready to finally make a long awaited test ride.
Weather was perfect for a first ride,sunny,warm...no,it was hot and barely no wind at all.
Always nice to be able to try out new things without worries about the weather even if this motor is mounted for tough conditions,there probably will be some wind sometime....

Made a small video of my ride which was a success in all ways,I Pilot remote control was pretty cool.Spot lock was maybe the coolest thing of all,no anchor or anchor ropes in your feet.
Just push a button and lock yourself on a spot and start fishing,yet need to be seen if and how it works in hard wind.
Recording tracks yet need to be tested even if it's a feature I will not often use.
Tried also to paddle with the engine down and up from water,surprisingly it wasn't completely impossible to paddle with the engine in drive position either.
If there's anything to complain about it's that this is a bow motor which is mounted on back of my kayak which in turn mean that the remote control works incorrect,when I want to turn right I have to push on left button.Need to see if there's anything to do about that.

Next thing which need to built is a robust rack for the battery and also make all wiring nicely done,hoping to get these things done in couple of weeks but here is a link to the video I made,enjoy...



http://jacksonkayak.com/blog/2015/08/23/big-rig-minn-kota-power-drive-v2-testride/



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti