Spey clave

tiistai 28. joulukuuta 2010

Tying...

Almost have a bad conscience when I look at all those good looking flies on the other guys blogs,its just that I didnt had time to tie some flies due to the snowfalls in helsinki,at evenings I am so tired that I have often felt in sleep before 8.30 P.M.

Anyway,today I finally took a seat behind my vice and tied a fly,yes,only one.
Remember when Simon was to Espoo and held a lecture about flyfishing for pike,
he also gave us some usefull advices about fly-tying.

Today I was trying to follow one of his advice about blending materials,the aim is to smoothly change colours.
I started with white,then blended some yellow and white,then yellow with a dash of orange and finally some red colour on the top.
I´m not so happy with the result,could need some practice....
Think also the fly is way too bushy,but too late to complain now,cant help the feeling that the natural materials is in some strange way much easier to tie then syntethics or maybe its just need of practise,I dont know.....


1 kommentti:

  1. Don’t loose the spirit, Djuza. Lots of snow and work can pull you down, but your fly looks good, and the next one will look even better!

    I’ve asked Simon how he did the blending, and I will definitely try it myself, but I’m so occupied with my ostrich herl, and a lot of other things, that I will have to put it on my (endless) list.

    One of my favourite singers (Ella Fitzgerald) once said: ~ Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. ~

    VastaaPoista